Skip to main content

WIT Studio's George Wada Appointed Executive Vice President at Production I.G

George Wada

 

Production I.G and WIT Studio parent company IG Port announced some position shifts on Friday, including a new appointment for WIT Studio producer George Wada. Wada has been with Production I.G since 2005 and has produced acclaimed works at WIT ranging from Attack on Titan to Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Vinland Saga, and beyond, and as of June 1 he will become executive vice president at Production I.G. 

 

Some of the other notable appointments went to animator and Production I.G operating officer Tetsuya Nishio and animator Takayuki Goto, both of whom will be Production I.G company directors as of August 28. 

 

Nishio has a range of impressive credits—including character designs on Naruto and BORUTO: NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS, as well as character designs, animation, and animation direction on key projects at I.G, like Hiroyuki Okiura's Jin-Roh and Mamoru Oshii's The Sky Crawlers. Goto is a longtime animator who was also a founding member of Production I.G, and handled character designs for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG along with Nishio. Some of Goto's other credits in the character design and animation direction departments include Please Save My Earth, Hunter X Hunter (1999), Blue Seed, and many more.

 

 

George Wada was previously awarded the Industry Icon Award at this year's Anime Awards. 

 

Source: IG Port via Anime News Network

 

 

-------

Joseph Luster is the Games and Web editor at Otaku USA Magazine. You can read his webcomic, BIG DUMB FIGHTING IDIOTS at subhumanzoids. Follow him on Twitter @Moldilox. 



Source: Latest in Anime News by Crunchyroll!

Comments