Skip to main content

Ai Kayano is Confirmed as The Voice of Cure Finale in Delicious Party Pretty Cure

 

 

Following the release of the character visual a month ago, Toei Animation's official website for the ongoing 19th Precure TV series, Delicious Party Pretty Cure, finally announced today that Cure Finale, the fourth PreCure girl, will be voiced by Ai Kayano (Meiko "Menma" Honma in Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day, Darkness in KONOSUBA -God's blessing on this wonderful world!). Her first transformation is depicted in the 18th episode to be aired in Japan on July 10.

 

 

 

 

Kayano has played Gentle / Amane Kasai since the beginning of the story. Amane, the student council president of the junior high school where the main characters attend, has had her mind manipulated by the Bundle Gang and has become the phantom thief, Gentle. The Precure franchise's official YouTube channel has posted an interview video with her.

 

 

 

 

Q. "How did you feel when you were chosen to play the role of PreCure?"

 

 

At first, I was feeling happy slowly, but it hadn't hit me yet, vaguely thinking, "I'm going to play the role now, I'm going to be a part of this family." When I met with the cast and staff and heard their passion for PreCure, I felt more and more like, "This is real!" Amane (who transforms into PreCure after the Phantom Thief Gentle) has a lot of emotional turmoil, so the staff asked me to play that part of her well, and I felt a lot of pressure. But I was very happy to be entrusted with such a role, and I looked forward to receiving the script every week. I also felt that everyone on the staff was supporting me as much as possible, so I have participated in the recording session every week with the hope of responding to their wishes.

 

 

Q "What is the appeal of the PreCure series?"

 

Each Precure series has a strong theme, and I feel a passionate desire "to convey this to children." I think that the charm of the PreCure series lies in the fact that all the staff members share the same passion and are working hard in the same direction. I feel like my heart is ignited by that passion, and I think that this "Delicious Party Pretty Cure" in particular is filled with "warm hearts" (on the production site as well). When I was chosen to play Amane-chan, a friend contacted me. A mother with a young child said to me, "You're going to be in PreCure!" I was so happy to hear that. I felt that "PreCure" is a work that is watched by so many people, even people who don't usually watch anime, and it made me feel like I had to work even harder. I want to to love Amane Kasai / Cure Finale myself, and I hope that everyone will love her too.

 

 

 Q. "What is the most important meal for you?"

 

It must be "mother's food." I wouldn't trade it for anything. Ever since I was a child, the "winning meal" in the Kayano family was always "green pepper stuffed with meat." And, what surprised me when I read the scenario of a little future episode this time was the appearance of "Fruit Punch with Shiratama (rice cake ball)" in the story. I felt it was my destiny because I used to make "Fruit Punch with Shiratama" with my mother when I was a child. On a special day, I was eating it, so I felt I had something in common with Amane-chan. I want to make it again, and on special occasions, I think I will be a little selfish to ask my mother to make it for me (laughs). "Delicious" is something important that can be expanded upon. I hope that "Delicious Party Pretty Cure" will provide more opportunities for everyone to enjoy "delicious."

 

 

 

 

 

RELATED: Cure Finale, A New PreCure Girl to Join Delicious Party Pretty Cure This Summer 

 


 

 

The 19th Precure TV anime series Delicious Party Pretty Cure premiered in Japan on February 6, 2022, and has also been simulcast on Crunchyroll to its members in North America, Latin America including the Caribbean, South America, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa. 

 

 

TV anime "Delicious Party Pretty Cure" trailer:

 

 

Key visual:

 

RELATED: Delicious Party Pretty Cure Feature Film Opens Its Teaser Site with Teaser Trailer

 


  

Sources: "Delicious Party Pretty Cure official website / Twitter / YouTube channel

 

©ABC-A, Toei Animation

 



Source: Latest in Anime News by Crunchyroll!

Comments