Skip to main content

Naniwa Danshi Member Shunsuke Michieda to Star in The Kindaichi Case Files New Live-action Drama

 

 

A new live-action TV drama adaptation of The Kindaichi Case Files mystery manga, based on the original story by Amagi Seimaru, will start airing on Nnon TV in April 2022, and Shunsuke Michieda, a 19-year-old member of Johnny & Associates' boy idol group Naniwa Danshi, is set to play the protagonist Hajime Kindaichi.

 

The live-action drama series first aired in 1995, and in all of them, boy idols from Johnny & Associates have played the role of Hajime Kindaichi - Tsuyoshi Domoto (Kinki Kids / 1995-1997), Jun Matsumoto (Arashi / 2001), Kazunari Kamenashi (KAT-TUN / 2005), and Ryosuke Yamada (Hey! Say! JUMP / 2014-2015).

 

"When I first heard the offer, I cried," Michieda says, "When I was 12 years old, I admired Ryosuke Yamada-kun (Hey! Say! JUMP), who played the fourth 'Kindaichi' on TV, so much that I wrote my own resume and sent it to Johnny & Associates. I'm very happy that my goal of seven years has come true because 'Kindaichi' is the work that made me join Johnny & Associates, and I've always wanted to do it even after joining the agency. Now the preparations for filming have started and as I put on my costume, I realize once again that I am really going to play the role of 'Hajime Kanedaichi' and I feel extremely nervous. I have some anxiety, but I am looking forward to it more."

 

The new drama series in eight years since Kindaichi Case Files N (neo) in July 2014 will reconstruct selected episodes from the original manga from a modern perspective. 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Source: "The Kindaichi Case Files" live-action TV drama official website / TWitter 

 



Source: Latest in Anime News by Crunchyroll!

Comments