Skip to main content

Bernie Sanders blasts Biden's voting record: 'He voted for' the Iraq war, NAFTA

Source: theweek.com - Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) is setting his sights on his new 2020 rival: former Vice President Joe Biden. Sanders during a Monday appearance on CNN told Anderson Cooper that voters should "take a look at my record versus" Biden's, proceeding to run through a list of positions from Biden's career. "I helped lead the fight against NAFTA," Sanders said. "He voted for NAFTA. I helped lead the fight against [permanent normal trade relations] with China. He voted for it. I strongly opposed the Trans-Pacific Partnership. He supported it. I voted against the war in Iraq. He voted for it." Sanders spoke days after Biden officially entered the 2020 race, doing so with a video that focused on President Trump and not on his opponents during the Democratic presidential primaries. Sanders told CNN that he does "like Joe Biden" but said it's important for the 2020 race to highlight "what we have done in our political lives." Watch Sanders' appearance on CNN below.

Source: Breaking News

Comments