Skip to main content

Fall Out Boy featured on new song by late rapper Lil Peep

Source: abcnewsradioonline.com - Thursday, January 31, 2019
ABC/Paula Lobo Fall Out Boy is featured on a new, posthumously released song by late rapper Lil Peep . The track is called "I've Been Waiting," and it's available now for digital download. Born Gustav Åhr , Lil Peep died of an overdose in November 2017 at age 21. The rapper, who helped popularize the emo-rap genre, was a big fan of Fall Out Boy. He and Pete Wentz were particularly close -- in an interview with Entertainment Weekly , the bassist said that Peep's death "really, really hit me hard." "I've Been Waiting" was recorded in collaboration with rapper and singer iLoveMakonnen , who was Peep's good friend. "All the songs that Peep and I have worked on are special to me," Makonnen says in a statement. "I knew adding his heroes Fall Out Boy to 'I've Been Waiting,' would be a tribute to my friend and collaborator that I could feel proud of. When I called Pete he immediately said yes, and it came together very quickly." Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Source: Breaking News

Comments