Skip to main content

Kanye West says he was 'used to spread messages I don't believe in'

Source: theweek.com - Tuesday, October 30, 2018
After going all in, Kanye West is ready for a break from politics. The rapper has been one of President Trump's most vocal supporters, meeting with him in the Oval Office earlier this month and praising him on the Saturday Night Live stage while donning a red Make America Great Again cap. On Tuesday, though, West announced that his brief foray into politics is over. "My eyes are now wide open and now realize I've been used to spread messages I don't believe in," he tweeted. "I am distancing myself from politics and completely focusing on being creative!!!" West shared that he supports prison reform, common-sense gun laws, and "those who risk their lives to serve and protect us." He also wants to hold "people who misuse their power accountable," and believes in "love and compassion for people seeking asylum and parents who are fighting to protect their children from violence and war." West clarified that he had nothing to do with a new apparel line called Blexit, which encourages black people to stop voting for Democrats, and thanked those who back his "ACTUAL beliefs and my vision for a better world."
All Related


Source: Breaking News

Comments