Skip to main content

Yoko Takahashi Provides New Song "Final Call" for Evangelion 25th Anniversary Pachinko

 

 

The official website for "A Cruel Angel's Thesis" singer Yoko Takahashi has announced that her new digital single song "Final Call" is set to be released on December 20, 2021. The song will be used in Bisty's new pachinko machine "Neon Genesis Evangelion ~Roar to the Future~." The machie is produced to commemorate the Eva franchise's 25th anniversary and will be available in Japan on December 6.

 

"Final Call" was composed by Masaya Wada, who has provided many songs for EXILE TRIBE and has been deeply related to the works of BTS as a vocal director. He has also been active as a solo artist. The lyrics were written by Takahashi herself. The song has already been featured in the PV for the pachinko machine below.

 

 

 

 

Takahashi's official website has also posted her comments on the song as below:

 

 

This music was created before we saw "Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time." The only information we knew was that it would be the last film. Who is going to do what, where, and how? We didn't know any of that, and we were recording in a very fumbling situation. When I wrote the lyrics, I wanted to express my feelings as an Eva fan, "I wish it was like this," and as an official ambassador of the "Evangelion" series, "I want to say these words to all the people who have supported me so far!" The tone of the song was like the lights of the night at the school after the festival, "It's over, but let's look forward and start walking again tomorrow!" We tried to create a song that would give us a tailwind, through trial and error.

 

I'm sure that the people who have been in the "Eva Loss" status, including myself, are going back and forth between relief and loneliness. I would be so happy if I could talk with such people through my music.

 

To end with "Thank you."

A song that ends with "Thank you."

To those who want to say "Thank you."

I created this song with all my heart.

Please listen to it.

 

 

"Final Call" digital single jacket:

 

 

Yoko Takahashi:

 


 

Source: Yoko Takahashi official website

 

©KING RECORD CO., LTD. 

©khara ©khara/Project Eva.

 



Source: Latest in Anime News by Crunchyroll!

Comments