Skip to main content

Takahiro Sakurai Reprises His Role as Gou Ichimonji in Getter Robo Arc

 

 

The official website for the ongoing TV anime adaptation of Getter Robo Arc, the final installment of the Getter Robo Saga manga series created by Go Nagai and Ken Ishikawa, has announced ten additional voice cast members, including Takahiro Sakurai who reprises his role as Gou Ichimonji from Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo.

 

Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo, also directed by Arc's Jun Kawagoe, was released in four volumes from December 2000 to June 2001. Sakurai says, "I never thought that Gou would appear in a new Getter anime, and that the offer would come to me! It was a memorable work for me, so I was very happy about it. Screaming, yelling, roaring, and shouting all the time! That's the Getter Robo in me. Gou, whom I met for the first time in 20 years, was still as hot as ever."

 

Meanwhile, Yu Asakawa also reprises her role as Sho Tachibana from Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo. She says, "I am very happy to be able to participate in this character after a long time. The music, the songs, the characters, and everything else is so passionate that I think this series has reigned as the king's road of anime. And, I was also very impressed by the fact that everyone knew this series, regardless of their careers, and that everyone enjoyed it themselves. I hope you will enjoy my performance so that you will like this wonderful work even more."

 

 

Additional voice cast:

 

  • Gou Ichimonji: Takahiro Sakurai
  • Sho Taochibana: Yu Asakawa
  • Schwarzkopf: Kunihioko Mukai
  • Ron Schweitzer: Daisuke Ono
  • Emperor Gaul III: Ryotaro Okiayu
  • Vice: Ryosuke Takahashi
  • Ganryu: Akihiro Sakata
  • Gozuro: Chihiro Nishimori
  • Musashi Tomoe: Shinpachi Tsuji

 

 

 

 

"Getter Robo Arc" 3rd PV:

 

 

OP movie:

 

 

Key visual:

 


 

Source: "Getter Robo Arc" official website / Twitter

 

©Go Nagai, Ken Ishikawa/Dynamic Production, Shinsaotome Laboratory

 



Source: Latest in Anime News by Crunchyroll!

Comments