Skip to main content

Nick Cage Talks Deathmatch Wrestling, Not Being Happy With The Finish Against Arquette

Source: www.prowrestling.com - Monday, December 31, 2018
Nick Cage recently spoke to Sports Illustrated about deathmatch wrestling, why he is interested in them and his infamous match with David Arquette. Why he loves deathmatch wrestling: “Deep down, it’s an art form and a different style of wrestling. And it’s underground. There’s barely [any]rules. It’s just one man vs. another. Whoever wins, wins.” How he got into it: “I consider myself a deathmatch wrestler, it’s my job and my passion. I take pride in being the top guy doing it in the U.S. I fell in love with it watching Cactus Jack and Terry Funk, I thought that was f—ing badass. … I always wanted to do this. Me and my brother grew up wrestling. We did shows in the backyard when we were 13. We sold tapes when we were in high school. I can’t remember when I didn’t want to do this. I got in a wrestling ring on my 14th birthday, and I didn’t want to be anywhere else.” His match with Arquette: “It did get people talking, and that led to more people watching the match, so it goes both ways. But as a professional and a performer, I didn’t like the way the ending went down.” The post Nick Cage Talks Deathmatch Wrestling, Not Being Happy With The Finish Against Arquette appeared first on ProWrestling.com .
All Related


Source: Breaking News

Comments